Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

10 Tips To Get Back Your Energy

Over 40? Get fit and feel great. Thankfully, there are things you can do to increase your energy levels. There are many anti aging natural supplements. Here are ten tips to get back your energy: 

Control stress.
Stress-induced emotions consume huge amounts of energy. Talking with a friend or relative, joining a support group, or seeing a counselor can all help you to deal with stress. There are other ways of relieving stress. My own stress busters are: music, horseback riding, taking a kid and my dogs for a walk, doing charity work. They all help me.

Do good deeds to others.
Incorporate some kind of “charity” work into your schedule. You will find the rewards tremendous, and it will actually give you an emotional boost. I do dog therapy visiting with my two dogs. Great stuff. I love it and my dogs love it

Eat for energy 
It’s better to eat small meals and snacks every few hours than three large meals a day. This approach gives a steady supply of nutrients, which your brain and body needs.

Do not overwork yourself. Learn to ask for help.
One of the main reasons for fatigue is overwork. Overwork can include professional, family, and social obligations. Learn to prioritize! Search on the internet and get help with organizing your life’s work load. Do not put too much pressure on yourself. If you are a perfectionist then see if you can learn to control this character trait. . And, take time to smell the roses. Enjoy the journey.

Get Fit
Exercise almost guarantees that you’ll sleep more soundly. It also gives your cells more energy to burn and circulates oxygen. Exercising causes your body to regulate itself more efficiently. Even a brisk walk is a good start. I can fully vouch for this one. I started walking about one hour a day and my blood pressure went from 159/97 to 126/83 in two weeks. And, I feel much more energized.

Drink lots of water 
If your body is short of fluids, one of the first signs is a feeling of fatigue. And, if you do not like the taste of just water, add a little pure fruit juice to it. It’s amazing what a little flavor can do to a glass of water.

Quit smoking
You know smoking threatens your health. But you may not know that smoking actually siphons off your energy by causing insomnia. The nicotine in tobacco is a stimulant. And once you do fall asleep, its addictive power can kick in and awaken you with cravings. And, I can attest to this also; it is the reason I finally stopped smoking over 10 years ago. I ended up with cigarette cravings in the middle of the night. One night I almost burned my bed. I woke just in time to prevent a fire. That was it for me!

Restrict your sleep 
Determine how much sleep you really need. Lying awake can be stressful and frustrating. The following will show you how to calculate just how much sleep you need. I read this somewhere in a medical article

Avoid napping during day, 
The first night, go to bed later than you would normally go and get just four hours of sleep. If you feel that you slept well during that four-hour period, add another 15–30 minutes of sleep the next night. 
As long as you’re sleeping soundly the entire time you’re in bed, slowly keep adding sleep on successive nights. 

Change your eating habits
Eating foods with a low glycemic index — whose sugars are absorbed slowly — will help you avoid the lag in energy that typically occurs after eating quickly absorbed. Foods with a low glycemic index include whole grains, high-fiber vegetables, nuts, and healthy oils such as olive oil. In general, high-carbohydrate foods have the highest glycemic indexes. Proteins and fats have glycemic indexes that are close to zero. I have been on a low glycemic load *index diet for the last two weeks also. I am diabetic, and this diet has helped my tremendously. If you do an internet search on glycemic diet you will find some fascinating information. Also, check out Dr. Barry Sears for anti aging natural supplements. This is one of his specialties.

Caffeine can help
Caffeine does help increase alertness, so having a cup of coffee can help sharpen your mind. But to get the energizing effects of caffeine, drink it at the right time. Not a few hours before bedtime.

Try not to drink alcohol in the daytime 
Alcohol makes you tired. It causes fatigue. Actually, be very selective when and how much alcohol you consume. Go for flavored waters. It may seem boring, but, after you do this for a while you will feel so much better for it.

Many of us have to make a lifestyle changes. This change usually starts because of feelings of fatigue. We have no zip or energy. We want to feel the way we did 10 years ago. And, we can. I have started on a glycemic index *load diet two weeks ago. I am a diabetic so this works great. My blood pressure has already gone from 159/97 to 126/83 in two weeks. My sugars have also dropped considerably, although not yet at a level I am aiming for. But, without energy, it is difficult to embark on any new project, so get your energy levels back up, and you can tackle the rest of your lifestyle changes.

Check for natural remedies you may want to take to help you on your way. Do a search on anti aging natural supplements. The internet is full of information, study it. I use about 5 natural products. The products I use are not very expensive. I use cinnamon, omega 3, zinc, B6’s, and fiber. I also use “sea health” minerals. As I said, in two weeks, this has already made a huge difference. I also walk for one hour a day with my dogs.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease

No comments:

Post a Comment